12″ Dual‑Bevel Sliding Compound Miter Saw with Laser
- CAPACITY : Cuts up to 8″ crown (nested), 6-3/4″ base (vertical), and crosscuts a 4×14 at 90°
- DESIGN : Unique 2-Steel Rail Sliding System offers a reduced footprint and operation flush against a wall
- CONVENIENCE : In-front bevel lock for convenient operation
- PRECISION : Built-in laser clearly indicates line-of-cut whether blade is turning or not
- INCLUDES : Blade, dust bag, vertical vise, wrenches, and triangle
DXT™ Deep and Exact Cutting Technology
Deep and Exact Cutting Technology (DXT) is a series of features that give Makita miter saws more cutting capacity and out-of-the-box accuracy for superior cutting performance. The innovative direct drive gearbox and guard system utilizes a portion of the back of the blade for significantly more vertical cutting capacity when cutting baseboard and nested crown molding. In addition, the direct drive gear box has no belts to slip or replace, so power is transferred more efficiently from the motor to the blade. The patented 4-steel rail sliding system with 6 linear ball bearings is engineered for minimal deflection for smooth, dead-on cuts for lasting accuracy, job after job.
The Makita 12” Dual-Bevel Sliding Compound Miter Saw with Laser (model LS1219L) combines capacity, accuracy and efficient dust extraction in a more compact size, with a unique 2-Steel Rail Sliding System that offers a reduced footprint for operation flush against a wall. The innovative direct-drive gearbox and guard system is engineered for increased vertical cutting capacity of baseboard (6-3/4”) and crown molding (8” nested). It will also make 15” crosscuts at 90 degrees. The saw miters 0° to 60° left and right, with positive stops at 0°, 15°, 22.5°, 31.6°, 45° and 60° (left or right). The bevel lock is located in the front of the saw for easy access and quick adjustments from 0° to 48° (left and right).
The saw is powered by a 15 AMP direct drive motor with soft start, a key point of difference. Direct drive enables smoother start-ups and consistent, constant power with no belts to slip or replace. The electric brake provides added convenience. In addition, the electronic speed control maintains constant speed under load for smoother, higher-quality cutting.
- Unique 2-Steel Rail Sliding System design offers single slide-glide operation; reduced saw footprint allows operation flush against a wall
- Increased capacity for up to 8″ crown molding (vertically nested), 6-3/4″ baseboard (vertical), and 15″ crosscuts at 90°
- In-front bevel lock for convenient operation
- Dual dust collection ports provide excellent dust extraction performance
- Innovative direct drive motor and guard system is engineered for increased vertical cutting capacity (6-3/4″)
- Linear ball bearing system engineered to deliver “dead-on” accurate cuts
- Less weight (65 lbs.) and the most compact design in its class for easy jobsite portability
- Powerful 15.0 AMP direct drive motor requires less maintenance and delivers 3,200 RPM
- Large-sized aluminum base improves stability of material for efficient cutting
- Soft start suppresses start-up reaction for smooth start-ups and longer gear life
- Blade Diameter : 12″
- Arbor : 1″
- Max. Cutting Capacity (miter 90°) : 3-5/8″ x 15″
- Max. Cutting Capacity (miter 45°, L/R) : 3-5/8″ x 10-1/2″
- No Load Speed : 3,200 RPM
- Dimensions (LxWxH) : 35-1/4″ x 26-1/8″ x 28-1/2″
- Net Weight : 65 lbs.
- Shipping Weight : 81.6 lbs.
- UPC Code : 088381-854627